The Scottish Veterans Employment and Training Service (SVETS) is a partnership between the Scottish Chambers of Commerce, charities, commercial organisations and education providers, designed to support veterans' employment.
Who Are The SVETS Partners?
Having begun as a 6 month pilot project with Forth Valley Chamber of Commerce, SVETS is now being rolled out across Scotland.
The aims of SVETS are:
- To help employers implement structured, sustainable veterans'/reservists' programs.
- To develop training, graduate and apprenticeship programs for ex-military job-seekers.
- To help employers access available ex-military talent.
- To link organisations providing support to veterans.
- To provide information about self-employment and volunteering options.
SVETS has been awarded a £7000 grant by the Scottish Government, to help fund this virtual job fair and, in particular, to connect small and medium-sized businesses with ex-military jobseekers in Scotland.General Sir Nick Parker KCB CBE, Chairman of SaluteMyJob, noted the gap that currently exists between employers and ex-military jobseekers and said:
"There are clear benefits that SVETS offers to employers from advice, to recruitment to training and education. I am confident that, very quickly small and medium-sized employers will find that this [SVETS] is a fantastic source of high quality labour that has real potential."