What Goes On At A Virtual Job Fair?
Just like a traditional job fairs, you’ll have
the opportunity to meet with recruiters and employers hiring from the Armed Forces community.
Employers and recruiters are given an online exhibition stand where they will post jobs, opportunities and information about their organisations.
What Can You Expect?
- The chance to chat to employers - and these are employers who understand your military skills and experience, employers who want YOU in their business.
- You will get access to 000s jobs.Careers and CV advice from SaluteMyJob’s expert employment advisors.
- Online meetings with Armed Forces friendly employers.
- Live workshops and presentations throughout the day, both from SaluteMyJob and employers, who will be advising you on how to get that dream job you are looking for and how to become the most competitive candidate!
- Advice from Veterans Scotland and Veterans Assist.
- Chat room / Private chat/ Video chat with employers.
- Live streaming of a high profile ‘summit’ discussion between Business in the Community and Scottish business leaders.
What Are The Benefits Of Participating In The Online Job Fair?
- Convenient and provides ease of access from your home or office.
- No transportation expenses!!
- You can have multiple conversations at the same time with various employers and SaluteMyJob’s employment advisors.
- You get to meet employers virtually, learn more about who they are looking for and if you are the right person for the job.There are employers there from ALL OVER Scotland - both SMEs and those larger more well-known companies.
- Networking - It is another way to expand your network of other jobseekers.
- You get answers to questions that you might have in mind from recruiters, hiring managers, and company representatives.
- You learn about job openings and hiring processes from company representatives at virtual career fairs.
- You can apply for jobs there and then and ask employers specific questions about the company and vacancies they are offering.